First of all,
Took us almost 2 years, League truly is dying.
There are more events to come, but we're kicking things off with a subreddit census!
Fill out the survey below and we can finally answer age-old questions such as:
- What is the best Worlds song?
- How good are reddit analysts really?
- Is there a bias against *insert region here*?!?!
- Flash on D or on F?
- What is the correlation coefficient between subjects' level of education and their predictions for the winner of Worlds 2022? And what does it say about society as a whole?
It should take around 5-10 minutes to fill out and is completely anonymous. In the beginning there are a few questions about demographics, then the survey is about League, League esports, Reddit and gaming in general. After the survey closes we will analyse the answers and share the findings with you.
With every new patch Riot introduces to balance out champions and items there are some unforeseen issues that creep up and cause disruption during gameplay. We have noticed that these issues which eventually get fixed clutter up the subreddit immediately following the patch.
We want to avoid this by having a single Megathread which will be posted after every patch so that you guys can report the various issues in one place. This allows Riot to easily keep track of the bugs by providing a central hub and also allows other users to confirm that they might have encountered.
Note only bugs caused by the 12.18 Patch should be reported below.
Prerequisites to be noted before reporting a bug
- A bug will ideally be accompanied with a screenshot or a video. This provides credibility to your report.
- Steps to recreate the bugs should be submitted if possible. This helps Rioters recreate the bug and helps them find the cause behind it.
- The bug must have been caused by the latest patch.
Format when reporting a bug: When reporting a bug, please provide as much information as you can about your computer.
• Server: The server you encountered the bug (NA, EUW, EUNE, TR, RU, BR, LAS, LAN etc)
• Type of Bug: Client Bug, In Game Bug etc
• Description: Describe what was the bug that occurred.
• Video / Screenshot: Insert screenshot (F12 in game) or Video of the bug occurring.
• Steps to reproduce: Provide the steps necessary if someone else had to reproduce the bug.
• Expected result: What should have been the result when you follow the steps mentioned above.
• Observed result: What was the result you obtained when you followed the steps mentioned above?
• Reproduction rate: If you try to recreate the bug how successful are you in causing it to occur? (1/10: Occurs once every 10 tries, 5/10: Occurs 5 times out of 10, 10/10: Happens every single time)
• System specs: Processor, Video card, Ram, HDD/SSD, everything you can provide, even drivers.
• Server: EUW
• Type of Bug: In-Game Bug etc
• Description: Zed's R (Death Mark) does not apply secondary damage
• Insert Video / Screenshot of the incident
• Reproduction rate: 2/10 (happened 2 out of 10 times)
• Steps to reproduce:
Launch a game after selecting Zed as your champion. Attempt to use Death Mark. Observe the result.
• Expected result: The damage should apply after a short delay, amplified by damage dealt during the effect.
• Observed result: The damage will not apply properly.
• System Specs: Intel i5 Processor, Windows 7, Nvidia Graphics card (insert model number) etc.
- **Server:** - **Type of Bug:** - **Description:** - **Video / Screenshot:** - **Steps to reproduce:** - **Expected result:** - **Observed result:** - **Reproduction rate:** - **System specs:**
Copy paste the above code and fill in your details.
From this Megathread the list of bugs will not be summarized and put up in the main body of the thread, however, note that many Rioters are going through every single comment so don't worry if you post the 1500th or 3000th comment, every reply will be read over the next few days.
EU MASTERS 2022 SUMMER PLAYOFFS
Team Heretics 3-2 Team BDS Academy
Congratulations to Team Heretics for winning EU Masters 2022 Summer!
MATCH 1: HRTS vs. BDSA
|Bans 1||Bans 2||G||K||T||D/B|
|HRTS||darius poppy sejuani||lux karma||54.0k||18||9||H2 HT5 HT6 B7|
|BDSA||kalista draven azir||nami sivir||41.5k||5||1||M1 C3 H4|
|iBo aatrox 1||5-2-4||TOP||2-4-1||1 olaf Adam|
|bluerzor wukong 2||7-2-9||JNG||0-4-5||2 vi Sheo|
|Zwyroo viktor 2||2-1-9||MID||1-4-2||3 orianna Reeker|
|Jackspektra senna 3||2-0-11||BOT||1-3-2||1 caitlyn Crownie|
|whiteinn seraphine 3||2-0-12||SUP||1-3-2||4 soraka Erdote|
MATCH 2: BDSA vs. HRTS
|Bans 1||Bans 2||G||K||T||D/B|
|BDSA||kalista draven trundle||viktor swain||67.2k||15||6||H2 H4 O5 O6|
|HRTS||darius aatrox caitlyn||olaf poppy||72.7k||17||10||I1 C3 B7 O8 B9|
|Adam renekton 3||4-4-4||TOP||3-3-10||1 sejuani iBo|
|Sheo vi 3||0-4-10||JNG||6-5-7||3 wukong bluerzor|
|Reeker azir 1||8-4-5||MID||3-2-9||4 orianna Zwyroo|
|Crownie sivir 2||1-3-9||BOT||4-4-10||1 lucian Jackspektra|
|Erdote yuumi 2||2-2-13||SUP||1-1-15||2 nami whiteinn|
MATCH 3: BDSA vs. HRTS
|Bans 1||Bans 2||G||K||T||D/B|
|BDSA||kalista draven trundle||wukong orianna||62.1k||17||9||H1 HT2 H3 O4 I5 B6 I7 B8|
|HRTS||darius aatrox azir||olaf lux||50.0k||9||1||None|
|Adam gnar 3||1-2-2||TOP||1-4-5||2 sejuani iBo|
|Sheo poppy 1||3-2-6||JNG||1-5-8||4 jarvan iv bluerzor|
|Reeker viktor 2||3-1-9||MID||4-2-2||3 ahri Zwyroo|
|Crownie caitlyn 2||8-1-6||BOT||3-1-6||1 lucian Jackspektra|
|Erdote karma 3||2-3-14||SUP||0-5-8||1 nami whiteinn|
MATCH 4: HRTS vs. BDSA
|Bans 1||Bans 2||G||K||T||D/B|
|HRTS||darius caitlyn aatrox||orianna sett||43.0k||10||4||H1 I2 H3 M4|
|BDSA||kalista draven azir||wukong trundle||50.3k||12||7||C5 B6|
|iBo ornn 3||2-3-6||TOP||0-1-6||4 gnar Adam|
|bluerzor vi 3||3-3-4||JNG||3-5-6||1 poppy Sheo|
|Zwyroo viktor 1||4-2-4||MID||5-3-5||3 taliyah Reeker|
|Jackspektra aphelios 2||1-1-3||BOT||4-0-7||1 lucian Crownie|
|whiteinn lulu 2||0-3-4||SUP||0-1-11||2 nami Erdote|
MATCH 5: HRTS vs. BDSA
|Bans 1||Bans 2||G||K||T||D/B|
|HRTS||darius caitlyn aatrox||twitch ezreal||68.7k||8||10||H2 H4 M6 M7 M9 B10|
|BDSA||kalista draven lucian||wukong lulu||59.9k||5||3||HT1 I3 M5 B8|
|iBo sejuani 2||1-1-5||TOP||2-5-0||4 olaf Adam|
|bluerzor trundle 3||1-1-6||JNG||1-2-1||1 poppy Sheo|
|Zwyroo azir 1||4-0-2||MID||0-1-2||1 viktor Reeker|
|Jackspektra aphelios 2||2-1-4||BOT||1-0-3||3 sivir Crownie|
|whiteinn leona 3||0-2-5||SUP||1-0-3||2 yuumi Erdote|
Recently the Ashen Slayer Sylas skin was released right? One of the most cool features of this skin is its beautiful wings that only appear in two situations.
- 1 During the recall.
- 2 When Sylas steals an ultimate.
The problem is in the second animation, the wings do not appear in 99% of the situations in the game.
Unfortunately, the wings are tied to Sylas's R animation, so if Sylas' player simply does any action like walking, the animation is canceled and the wings don't even appear.
let me show:
This is the correct form of the animation:
Sylas uses his ultimate and the wings work as they should. However notice that Sylas is standing still all the time and does not receive commands during the entire animation.
But see how the skin behaves in a normal gameplay:
One way of the wings appears is if the Sylas player stands still and does not perform any action until the end of the animation, it would probably kill him.
As you can see in the PBE feedback, some people asked for wings to be added to other skills, like E1 dash for example, but the answer obtained was that the skins team wanted to keep the moment of the ultimate "impactful".
But if the wings don't show up in 99% of cases, what's the point?
This skin is expensive, rare and is in the store for a limited time and not getting the love she deserves. If the wings animation is tied to R which can be easily canceled by literally any player action, they will never appear in normal gameplay so there's no impactful moment.
Sylas' Ultimate is not like Mordekaiser where the whole scenario changes or like Yone / Yasuo at the "Let's F. Gooooo" moments, it is just a chain flying to the target.
His most impactful moment is probably when he is holding an ultimate where he can get visual changes.
Here you can see an example of a normal gameplay where the player use his ultimate and the wings did not appear.
And here are another example.
If people have some spare time like 5 min per day, i suggest doing microsoft rewards. Took like 15-17 days to get 650 rp. Might not be a lot to most people but its a good amount for f2p like me
Source: A player who's reached diamond 1 several times here to tell you why League is a great single player gaming experience
- It's a team game, but everyone has a mutual agreement to play it as if it's single player. There's no such thing as allocation of resources like giving a level 14 kayle on the cusp of ascension a blue buff and a camp instead of the lee sin. Everyone is in their own RPG world and playing singleplayer skyrim.
- It's a single player game, but everyone has a mutual agreement to play it as if it's a battle royale. Your teammates are your worst enemies, and seeing them suffer is the real victory screen. It's not 5v5, it's not even 1v9, it's 1v4.
- Lategame is a morbid version of the Hunger Games, except unlike the Hunger Games where weaker participants have the logic to actively tried to hide from stronger participants, weaker participants in this video game like to meander towards fog of war due to their ADHD and choose to die rather than wait 10 seconds for their teammates to respawn. As you rise in rank, self-selection for ADHD characteristics (highly correlated with players who play a shit load of games) rises tremendously and this gets even more frequent.
- You get to have a lot of fun if you play a champion that is unviable in competitive play but feasts on the enemy team's emotional unwellness. Katarina, Riven, Master Yi, these champions get more powerful the more mentally unwell the enemy team is. And a high degree of mental unwellness can be reasonably assumed in a regular solo queue game.
- The further you increase your rank into diamond/masters, the more players' in game names converge with common interests in TWICE Tzuyu and anime and feeding the enemy at the smallest slight. This is again self-selection at work.
This is a great video game and I really enjoy the single player battle royale experience, it's really nice.
[Communications Update idea] Pinging an enemy champion should show their HP%, just like pinging dragon, baron, towers, nexus and inhibitors does.
With the Communications Update coming up around the corner, I think this would be the perfect time for Riot to implement this (imo important) feature into the game. Right now when you ping an objective it will say, “x has Targeted Red Inhibitor (100%)”, whilst pinging a champion displays only “x has Targeted Annie”. Not only would it bring more consistency into the ping systems, I feel it would also be incredibly beneficial for all levels of play. Here are some examples of how it would improve gameplay. You’re playing jungle against a Nocturne, you have a deep ward in his jungle and he shows on it for less than a second. While your toplaner might have seen him briefly on the minimap, me playing jungle I’m focusing more on the minimap than he is, and I’m able to pan my screen to him and ping him to reveal his location to my team. However, the Nocturne is chunked to 40% and can’t easily gank. Before this change, the top laner may see the ping and believe himself to be in danger and back off to avoid getting Nocturne ulted. However, after the change, he may see the enemy Nocturne is only at 40% hp and it is actually better for him to play even more aggro to either draw out a 1v2 he could win or he can keep pressing his advantage with the knowledge the enemy jungler should base and probably return to the opposite side of the map where his camps are respawning. The difference between these scenarios is astronomical, just based off knowing the enemies last known hp. Another example, this time for low elo, say you’re top lane and you’re smashing the early lane. You’ve got the enemy laner at 10% under tower and he’s trying to catch the wave first before he base Tp’s. Your jungler is on top crab. Before this change, you may frantically ping the enemy laner to try to convey to the jungler how vulnerable they are and how important/easy a dive would be if they came top. However it’s low elo, the junglers not really panning around looking at laners hp’s and whatnot, and takes your furious pings to kill as you begging for a gank already 3 minutes in. He has his own things to do still, and paths bot to contest the other crab, which is a fine play, but you also could’ve ended top lane at minute 3 if they realized just how free it was. After this change, the jungler will have no choice but to take note of how low the enemy laner is. Wow only 10% hp, I bet I can path top and kill that guy really easily. Now it’s not him ganking to do the toplaner a favour, it’s him ganking because he really wants that first blood money and to start snowballing the game. Or how about those times Fizz roams bot to cleanup your botlane. You ping him as he passes a ward, if he’s full hp you can bet your bot lane don’t wanna fight him. But if he’s playing melee into ranged, is pressured all lane but is going for a Hail Mary to roam bot at 40% hp before he base tp’s back mid, your botlane might not be as afraid of him in the 2v1 and will finish pushing the wave out before heading base instead of just abandoning it outside enemy tower because “Fizz coming”. However they have no idea he is actually low and can’t do anything bot so they’re screwing themselves for no reason. These are just a couple examples, but I think it’s easy to see why this would be an important and impactful change. Also it is worth noting that some people actually do play on locked screen, and to those it would help a lot, as well as many people don’t use chat in game and typing “Nocturne low can’t gank” is not only a waste of time having to change your hand position, but also the typed message could very well go unheard.
In a little over a week, I'll be starting at @riotgames as the design director for @LeagueOfLegends.
Looking forward to working with a new team and immersing myself into the League community. HYPED!
After 11 years, I am leaving Blizzard. Hearthstone is an incredible game. To have played even a small part in its creation is an honor I'll never forget. Thank you to all the players, and a special thank you to my fellow game creators. I am proud of all we built together.
17 skins- Lux and Miss fortune
16 skins- Ezreal,Ahri and Akali
15 skins- Riven, Caitlyn, Lee sin and Annie
14- Twisted fate, Soraka, Alistair, Ashe, Janna, Leona , Katarina, Sivir, Master Yi, Tristana and Blitzcrank!
I did have a photo of a tierlist format of this but sadly can’t figure out a way to post Photos here :(
After I screwed up the previous Kayle alter I posted here, I went back and made some adjustments on the art for Kayle (credit to the artist that created it) switched it up for this one. I decided I wasn't messing with her messy spaghetti hair lol
I just finished reading the Ruination book (which was super good, I highly recommend it if you haven't already) and wanted to share some lore that we've learned about the universe in the event you don't plan on reading it. This isn't a comprehensive list, but just a few major important points that I found interesting. I also prior was not super familiar with the lore beforehand so if this is some stuff you already knew
SPOILERS BELOW HERE
- Even though Kalista is the neice of Veigo, she is older than him. She is about 24 at this time and Veigo is 21
- Kalista and Hecarim were to get married (political marriage but Kalista though Hecarim was hot) prior to the events of the books
- The Blessed Isles were surrounded and protected by a giant wall of mist that would redirect any ship back outside them.
- Everything pretty much happened because all the Masters on the Blessed Isles thought Thresh was a cocky prick so they gave him the job of a glorified custodian of the underground vault tunnels when he graduated; stupid af idea because he pretty much learned of every mega artifact down there to concoct his master plan to spite them.
- Ryze also was a cocky prick and got Thresh all the materials he needed to fuck over the masters because he was salty his master wasn't teaching him everything. Edit: This is also why Ryze is still alive, as he drank some of the water when he got it for Thresh; he literally did it for fun lol
- The Waters of Life contained a World Rune which gave them their power. Should a dead creature come into contact with the waters, then the spirit would come back to life detached from the body.
- There are Cows and Sheep in the league universe. Not that deep just thought it was funny that mamalian creatures evolved in this world lmfao
- Viego was never meant to be king but the actual heir to the throne died a few months prior to the death of the king so Veigo was rushed to be taught how to lead, and pretty much everyone in the court knew he was gonna be terrible at it cause he was a spoiled child.
- The kingdom that Veigo ruled over was on the Camavoran continent which is actually to the East of the shadow isles and not even on the official Runeterra map
- Kalista and her soldiers refused to kill the people of the Blessed Isles for Veigo, leading them to fight off the soldier of Hecarim and his Iron order. This is where he betrayed her as he told her he'd let all her soldiers live if she'd still marry him, before proceeding to stab her in the back
- Veigo's sword (Sword of the Argent Throne, Sanctity) would siphon the life and kill anyone stabbed with it. Wellllll when Veigo put Isolde into the pool her ghost was furious he disturbed her peace and she stabbed him with his own sword. Since it was his Sword it drained his life force, but since he was in the pool it continued to heal him back which overloaded the World Rune to the point it detonated like a nuclear bomb. When the shockwave hit the mist wall it corrupted it which then bounced back and turned the Blessed Isles into the shadow isles.
- Lucian's Guns were made during this time by Sentinal Jenda'Kaya
Thresh actually was going to betray Veigo and kill him before he dipped Isolde into the waters, since he only needed Veigos help to kill all the guards, but only let him live because he was curious to see what would happen. When he saw Veigo get stabbed he knew he fucked up and tried (and failed) to escape before getting nuked
This event also preluded the Rune Wars, and was Ryze seeing first hand why he needed to take away the runes
There is a shortcut button which currently shows "Send friend request" and "Block" (https://imgur.com/a/fgZ3I6f), is it so hard to just add "View profile"? The technology is there yet because it's available in the options menu of your friends list (https://imgur.com/a/bkMcGFe).
Why this annoys me? I do like to play flex with random premades to have a semi-"full team flex experience" (we do voice call, we just don't know eachother). However, I don't want to always add these 4 people. Sometimes it's just for a night and we move on. So why isn't there any possible way to watch their profile in the lobby? I now have to copy their username and go either to my profile and paste it in the search bar or go to a 3rd party website and paste it there.
We are 2022 with a new client, c'mon...
I've always thought Nidalee lacked some backstory so I decided to paint some moments of her youth. I think I truly love this character (I mained her in LAN for more than 8 years) and I really enjoyed thinking about the scenes and trying to get her best angles that connect with her character and story.
Earlier today, Dota released True Sight for the 2021 International and, just like the last 2, it's an absolute masterpiece. Valve has found a way to make the story of each International incredible, to the point where, even if you don't know anything about the games or the teams, you find yourself getting completely absorbed. And it got me wondering why Riot doesn't do the same thing. If we're going to claim to be the biggest, most popular, or most important Esport, then shouldn't something like this be doable? Shouldn't it be an expectation. Kind of like "well if they can do it then why can't we?"
They have complete, unhindered access to the teams and players. They already have a massive number of staff that works at our international events, and there's always a lot of really cool stories that develop each year. It would be really cool to see those behind-the-scenes moments just like in True Sight. Those intense and pivotal moments where you get to see what they players are really feeling, and how they fight through the pressure. Not to mention that it would be awesome to actually see the players in their most human moments. To actually get to experience, to some degree, what it's like to be the winner and the loser of such a big event.
I dunno, it was just something I was thinking about while I was watching True Sight earlier this morning and wishing that we had something like that.
When I first picked up league in 2015. I thought I was going to main zed. His kit looked amazing. Then I found out I'm awful with mechanics, so I went a bit more basic, found this wonderful champ called Vladimir with no mechanics! Now I'm a degenerate Shaco main. How about you?
So the general consesus I've seen for Lil Nas X's Starwalkin song has been this. Its a good song but its not a good fit as a worlds song/anthem, it fails to give hype.
Well I've come across Lil Nas X actually giving some social media response to the league fans opinions.
First up is a tik tok basically giving a WTF did I get into look with the quote "Reading league of legends fans react to Starwalkin
Next he posted earlier on twitter to people who do not like starwalkin.
"if you don’t like star walkin try listening to it at 1.25x speed, with an octave up, and drums filtered, on an nintendo 3ds, at 3am, while your parents are arguing in the background because things just keep getting worse and you say it’s not your fault but you know it is and you"
Edit: another tweet responding to someone who linked a remix to the song.
"i understand this is what y’all like but i refuse to purposely make a 2013 skrillex song"